Written By: Anna Rodney
Miami Beach, FL — The Lifestyle Retreat Lounge (LRL) at the Ganzevoort hotel was a much needed stop from the midday Miami heat during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim. Attendees enjoyed many booths of vendors such as yummy froyo by Yogen Fruz, Hpnotiq mixed specialty drinks, free photo booth opts by Capture Pod or even a moment with friends to play ping pong if you must, but we were drawn to the free makeover by celebrity makeup artist and Mary Kay spokesperson, Ashunta Sheriff. Although she has been the makeup artist to celebrities inclusive of Alicia Keys, Rihanna, Kerri Hilson, and Mary J Blige, Ashunta can now add Adrienne Bailon to her lengthy list of celebrity client as she was giving Adrienne a first hand experience with Mary Kay products when we walked in.
Adrienne’s final look was a darling summer glow with a dramatic eye that was great for day to night. According to Ashunta, whose been in the business for 15 years, makeup is typically glowing and natural in the summer, however this season, she is seeing more bold and brilliant colors. She worked with Kerri Hilson for the Billboard Music Awards of which she gave her a vibrant limegreen eyeshadow, And Tracy Ellis Ross for the BET awards wanted a bold red lip.
Additionally she gave us her Top 5 Must Have Makeup Product for a Chic Summer Glow:
- Foundation Primer – keeps your makeup on and makes it last throughout the day.
- Tinted moisturizer with an SPF for protection
- Lip color – Mary Kay has a liquid lip color and gloss with a minty flavor.
- Mascara – Mary Kay Lash Love is waterproof, gives great definition, and helps against the breakage of your lash.
- A bronzer or blush – You don’t need both because in the summer you already have a natural glow, so you don’t need to over glow. Use both only at nightime if you want that extra glow.